We are looking for a Geotechnical/Geo-Environmental Consultant to work on a variety of geotechnical and environmental projects across the UK. This exciting role is an opportunity to join our Cambridge team of friendly, dynamic, experienced consultants.
EPS are Cambridge and Leeds based environmental and geotechnical engineers working for a wide range of clients in the redevelopment, commercial and petrochemical sectors across the UK. This role will involve the design and delivery of soil and groundwater remediation projects and interpretive geotechnical solutions and may also involve work in emerging areas including materials management and asbestos risk assessment/ remediation.
This extensive in-house service set means the right candidate will have frequent opportunities to work on a variety of projects with a broad range of clients and have influence to direct their career according to their interests.
The main tasks for this role cover geo-environmental consultancy services principally through the delivery and project management of geotechnical and environmental site investigations and subsequent solutions, in the office and on site as well as factual and interpretive report writing. Travel within the UK for site work will be required on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
2 to 3 years’ experience in a UK based consultancy completing geo-environmental investigations including soil and rock logging and soil and groundwater sampling.
- Degree or Higher Degree in a related geo-sciences subject
- A proactive, highly organised team player with good inter-personal skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite and experience of borehole logging software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects and other engineers
- Experience in geotechnical and environmental assessment
- Ability to write and review technical reports
- A valid UK driving license held for at least 2 years
- Passport for travel outside the UK (some international travel may be required)
The employee package will include a competitive salary, provided the above requirements are met.
Send you CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org