We are looking for geotechnical/geo-environmental engineers based in either Cambridge or Leeds.
The main tasks for this role cover geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy services principally through the delivery and project management of geotechnical and environmental ground investigations, in the office and on site, as well as factual and interpretive report writing.
About us: Established 20 years ago, EPS has extensive experience through a diverse range of geotechnical and environmental consultancy projects for an even more diverse range of clients. We work with top names in the residential, retail, industrial and petrochemical sectors to provide the right outcomes time and time again, proving our worth as a safe pair of hands as well as good, responsive people who are interesting to work with.
We pride ourselves on our practical and innovative approach with particular emphasis placed on delivering commercially sensitive, expedient, and cost-effective environmental consultancy services to our clients offering a UK wide geographical coverage from our offices in Cambridge, Leeds, and Bristol.
Do you have?
- A science or engineering degree
- 1-3 years experience in a UK based consultancy (completing geo- environmental investigations including soil and rock logging to British Standards and soil and groundwater sampling)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Technical understanding of UK legislation in relation to contaminated land
- Sound understanding and able to clearly convey conceptual site models and risk
- Good understanding of ground investigation techniques
- Valid clean UK driving license
- Passport for travel outside the UK (based in the UK main office but some international travel may be required)
Your responsibilities would include:
- Carry out site assessments for contaminated land and geotechnical projects
- Assess potential environmental/geotechnical impacts and undertake risk assessments
- Field supervision of drilling operations
- Borehole logging using visual inspection
- Design of groundwater monitoring wells
- Soil and water sampling to industry and company guidelines
- Factual and interpretive report writing
- Delivery of project tasks to defined standards set out at the project outset
- Develop client relationships and networks at a project level
- Management of projects
- Actively promote health and safety
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Highly organised
- A team player
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Builds relationships
- Client focused
What can we offer you:
- Friendly working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work from home/flexibly
- Work mobile
HOW TO APPLY: If you feel this role suits you, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com